Super Casual

Holy cow it's Wednesday already?! Gotta love long weekends to help the week go by faster! I wish Nate and I could have just taken this whole week off though.. This past weekend was exactly what we both needed... Just being together! With me waking up at 5 am to hit the gym and him not coming home till the late evenings from school, we only get to see each other for a few hours at night. Then we are off to bed and doing the same thing over and over again. So we made sure that this last weekend counted and we spent as much time as we could being together! It was absolute heaven!

We were feeling a little cabin feverish since we didn't really leave our house the whole weekend and the weather was warmer on Monday so we decided to get out and just go for a nice walk down some paths near our house. It reminded me of what we would do when we were dating. Some of my favorite memories of us were when we would just go for a walk and talk and get to know each other more. There was no reason to get all glammed up, so I threw some quick curls in my hair and covered the basics on my face and of course... threw on a hat. Cause you know, it wasn't looking so cute under there haha!

I wanted to stay with a super casual vibe so this stripped tunic was a must! It has been my favorite go-to top for any look lately! In the past, I struggled with tunics. I always thought it would make me look shorter and caused me to look disproportionate. So if I ever wore them, I constantly did the side or full frontal tuck. You know, like this, this, or this? Every so often, you'll find me still doing my signature side tuck, but I've learned to just allow my clothes hang the way they were made to. And it turns out I love how this tunic fits me! I really want to go get every color in it and just cycle them through the week haha! 

So, normally, when it came to the shoes, I would go for a pair of boots or booties. This time, I decided to give my comfy boots a break and put on my trusty high top Chucks. I like the way sneakers effortlessly pull together a casual look. To me it gives the appearance that you look put together, and in hindsight, you didn't have to put any effort into it. Which is ALWAYS a win in my book! 

So yeah, I hope you all can get through this week and enjoy some more relaxing time during the weekend! Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments! I cannot tell you how much it makes my day when I receive them and I love connecting with you all! 


Thanks for stopping by!
xo Lauren 
Jacket (super old, from Target)
Pants (DIY the knee holes)
Chucks (Men size 5.5= Women's 7.5)
















Can't take life too seriously right? I got so many weird stares while 
Nate would count down so I could take a jumping picture haha!


Share:

0 comments