Provo City Center Temple

Happy Monday everyone! Not gonna lie, I'm hoping that this weekend will fly by, we weren't able to really get good amounts of sleep, so any chance I get to lay down, I pass out almost instantly! Over the weekend we had the funeral service for Nate's Grandma Darlene. It was such a special experience to be able to feel the love our Savior has for us, and that she is watching over us. We love and miss her terribly, but I believe in guardian angels, and I know she will always be with us.

Before the funeral, Nate, my cute mom and I were able to visit the historic Provo City Center Temple. For those who don't know, this temple was built on the remains of the Provo Tabernacle that tragically caught on fire and burnt down a few years ago. I remember driving past after it had happened and the sidewalk was filled with people watching as the smoke died down and crew members began taking everything out. When the Church announced they were going to transform it into a Temple, I remember seeing people cry from relief that they weren't just going to tear it down. The beauty of this Temple is that they kept the personality and vibe of the Provo Tabernacle. I've had the privilege to be able to walk the halls of the old tabernacle, and now the new halls of this beautiful Temple.

If you get the chance to take a tour of this Temple, go here to reserve your tickets. It is open to everyone and I would highly recommend going! However, before you go, take time to watch this video. It describes all the thought and detail they put into building this temple and it is amazing! I loved being able to walk through and knowing little details that most people ignored, or just walked by without realizing it. One piece of advice I would give is to wear comfortable shoes. There is a grand staircase in the middle of this Temple which contains a LOT of stairs. I'm pretty good with heels, but that would have killed me, and they have you wear foot booties to keep the carpets clean. So word to the wise

I feel so blessed to be able to be surrounded by so many beautiful Temples. It truly is the House of the Lord and I feel so honored to be able to go inside and feel closer to Him. I hope you all get the time to go take a tour. There is nothing better than setting foot is in such a historical site. Hope you all have a great Monday! Love you all!

Thanks for stopping by!
xo Lauren 

Shoes (bought in store)
Coat (similar)
















Share:

0 comments