These Boots are Made for Walkin'
Sorry I missed Monday's post, life has been absolutely insane. I know that's the lamest excuse ever, and I'm always using it, but it's true. I've felt like I've been drowning with how much I have had going on lately. One thing I have to remind myself is that I control this blog, and the blog does not control me. So I hope I didn't let anyone down by messing up the posting schedule a bit. Just know that if I happen to not post on here, I will always post on Instagram (urban_ombre) and Snapchat (urbanombre)! Be sure you are following me on both of those accounts so can see whats going on in my life!
Anyways.. back to the post now. I have never really been an over the knee boot wearer, or a flat boot wearer for that matter. I have always loved my little heeled booties and mid calf boots. When I imagined myself wearing OTK boots, I thought they would make my short legs look even shorter, and without a heel I would look un-proportionate. I took a chance a while ago and got some black OTK from Forever 21 and I have been obsessed ever since!
After I realized I felt comfortable with how I looked with them on, I wanted to branch out and get some different colors. I have seen maroon boots everywhere lately and had my eye on some, but they looked just like everyone else's. Don't get me wrong, they are stunning boots, but I wanted something a little different. I looked around for weeks looking for the perfect pair. I knew I wanted them to be flats and, of course, maroon. I had an ad pop up in my email from Nordstrom Rack about having good sales on shoes before Christmas. I thought why not, and started browsing. I found a few that I liked but weren't in love with them. I came across the black version of my boots and really liked the leather detail (shocker). So I clicked on them and saw that they came in maroon!
My mother in law wanted to get all of us kids new shoes for Christmas so I made sure she got these ones for me! Funny enough, I actually totally forgot about them till I opened them on Christmas morning so I was super surprised and excited! They fit perfectly and I have to force myself to not wear them everyday.
Jeans
Sweater Dress (similar)
Scarf









0 comments