Sunday Best

I realized over the weekend that I don't post enough dressy looks for you guys. I am a huge casual dresser. T Shirts, jeans, sweats, you name it.  However, I also have always loved to doll up for an event or even just for church. Due to the new year, our church got moved to the 1pm block. So now I get more time in the morning to get myself put together.

I got this dress last year on clearance at Target. I don't know if you have browsed the clearance section there, but they have some pretty amazing things in there for dirt cheap! I saw this dress when it first came into the store. I am a sucker for leather detailing and maroon was a popular color during the fall, so I was immediately drawn to it. I was a stickler though, and didn't want to pay full price so I would check on it every chance I was there and eventually I found it on sale. On the downside, they did have my true size so I had to go up a size. That's kind of the norm for me. I actually prefer altering my pieces, so they fit me perfectly. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to get this altered yet so it looks a bit big on me, but I still wanted to wear it. It was freezing cold outside so, I kept my coat on and belted it which made it look a bit more flattering.

The quilted fabric of this dress so thick and warm. Throw on a coat and some nice tights and you will feel comfortable in the frigid weather. I personally wish that I had worn some tights cause... YIKES those are some white legs! haha My thought process was worrying about getting too hot being inside for a few hours so I skipped them this time. Since I don't own a skinny black belt (I know right?) I wanted to tie in the white from my belt by pairing it with my black and white heels. These shoes are my favorite go-to church shoe. The monochrome colors go with any look, and they fit perfectly so I don't walk like I've never worn heels before.

I hope you guys have a great Monday! I haven't been feeling super awesome over the weekend, so I stayed home to rest myself up for my early morning workouts and to help with school projects for Nate!


Thanks for stopping by! 
xo Lauren 

Dress (similar)
Coat (same brand)
Shoes (similar)
Belt Old (similar)









Share:

0 comments