DIY Bralette for the Edgy Girly Girl

Last night Nate and I were invited to the VIP Kick-Off party for Utah Fashion Week that is starting this week, and holy cow was it amazing! I felt so honored that I was even thought of to join other bloggers for this event. You guys, I don't remember the last time I had that much fun doing something that is SO out of my box! I have found my people!! To be able to talk about fashion and styling tips with people who have the same passion as I do was the best feeling in the world. I loved seeing familiar faces, meeting new ones and creating (what I hope to be) lasting relationships with some amazing, talented people! It was such a confidence booster to be able to talk to other bloggers, fashion influencer's and store owners. Going to this event made me realize that even though I've only been blogging for about a year, it doesn't mean that I don't have what it takes to get big in the Utah fashion blogging world and I'm going to work my buns off to do so! I love doing what I do, and can't wait to see what the future holds. I have to give a huge shout out to our Utah designers! I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was blown away by all the different styles that walked down the runway!  We have some insanely talented designers here! Follow me on snapchat (urbanombre) to see the designs from last night before they expire! So kudos to them, and good luck this week with their shows!!

Ok, I could go on all day about last night, but lets talk about what this post is really about...

For the past little bit I have been wanting to get a strappy bra or bralette. I think they give such an edge to any neckline. I looked around for a while, and just never really found the perfect one. Either the fit was off, the straps looked weird or it was more expensive than what I wanted to pay. So I thought, why not make my own? I took a black bra that I rarely use which has convertible straps. I took the straps and looped and tightened them in-between the cups and criss-crossed them to give the strappy V shape for the neckline. I'm not going to lie, I'm in love with how it turned out! 

I started playing around with different looks for the new DIY bralette. I put this look on, and you know when you put an outfit on and you're like.. yes! This is me! Well that was this outfit for me. I officially have defined myself as being an edgy girly girl. I've said it before, but I love getting dressed up for special occasions (like last night for example)! Being able to get dolled up is so much fun and I don't get the chance to do it very often. However, I also love my classic skinny black jeans and keeping it casual. 

I hope you like this look and take inspiration from it. I really took me like 2 seconds to make the straps after I thought of it. If any of you want a step by step tutorial on how I made the straps, let me know and I can make one for you guys! Maybe I can do a snapchat story on it?? Let me know! Love you all!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


xo Lauren 
Jacket (similar)
Booties (similar)






Share:

0 comments