Baby Lords/Our Story

To be at this point in life just seems so unreal for me! Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to be a mom. I am the youngest in my family and have a lot of nieces and nephews who were more like little siblings than nieces and nephews to me and I LOVED to baby them (still do!) I have a very special connection to each one of them and I just couldn’t wait till I could have my own babies/family to have that special connection with. When Nate and I felt ready to begin our family, things didn’t fall into place like we would have hoped. I never EVER thought that I would fall into the infertility category. But after a very long period of dealing with infertility we finally got a positive test last year which too quickly ended with a miscarriage that just absolutely killed both of us. I truly felt like a piece of my heart shattered that day and I think about that little one all the time and wish I could have them be with me. But Heavenly Father had a different plan and I know that they are being taken care of up above. After a lot and a lot of recovering mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally we were finally able to work with my OB and begin trying to conceive again.

Because of the miscarriage, I was absolutely terrified of it happening again. So my doctor suggested that I take a low dose of Clomid to help the odds of conceiving this time. For those who don't know, Clomid is a medication that helps ovulation and the chances of getting pregnant are higher. However, the catch is that more eggs can become fertilized so... having twins is a definite possibility. Twins don’t scare me; we have 3 sets of them in my family and at that point, I just never wanted to go through that experience again so we accepted the possibility of multiples because it seemed like the obvious thing to do. So we decided to go ahead and give it a try. I took them as prescribed and that was the longest month of my life waiting to see if it worked! But it was 100% worth the wait!

I remember waking up first thing in morning on the day I could take a test. After taking it I knelt down and prayed so so hard that it would come up positive. I opened my eyes and was so sick and scared to look because of the many many negatives I got in the past. But to my surprise there were two very defined lines! I RAN into the bedroom and jumped on the bed to wake up Nate. (mind you, it was like 5 am. Poor guy!) After he realized why I was bugging him, and looked at my face streaming with tears he thought that it they were sad tears yet again. He sat up quickly to comfort me, then took one look at the test and gave me the "are you serious?" face. We both just sat there kind of shocked and hugged each other for the longest time and felt so relieved. However, we stayed cautious, because the first time this went down, it started off very similar to this. Thinking about it now though, the lines back then were not nearly as dark which told me that hopefully the hormones were much stronger this time around.

After we calmed down a bit and I let Nate go back to sleep (even though he totally didn't, he was too excited) I fell to my knees again and just poured my heart out with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for this amazing blessing and prayed that this will become a successful pregnancy this time. It was hard to see at times when my world kept crumbling down. But being able to sit back, I realized just how close the Lord was there with us through all of the ups and down of this whole process. It still gives me goose bumps thinking about it. He is always there, and when you realize that, it’s an incredible feeling! I am truly so grateful for the power of prayer and for having a worthy husband that I can rely on to get me through those difficult times.

So back to that morning… I called my doctor and told him we got a positive test and he immediately put me on prescribed dose of progesterone. Which is a natural hormone that a woman’s body produces that helps thicken the uterus to support the new baby. So he wanted to be sure that things progress properly so he wanted me on an extra boost of it to ensure this pregnancy would be a success! I have been on progesterone through my entire first trimester and the babe is progressing perfectly!

So now, here we are. We are so excited to have this little bundle of joy join our family this November!!  My heart is so insanely full and every day I love waking up and seeing how much the baby has developed (I use an app called Ovia Pregnancy that shows all the growth going on, and it's just so fascinating to me) and how much bigger my tummy gets! I am currently 15 going on 16 weeks and the baby is the size of a apple! Our last appt we got to hear the little's heart beat and that is hands down the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard and I totally teared up! I can't feel the baby yet, and I cannot wait for the day when I can!! I feel so incredibly blessed to be someone that Heavenly Father sees fit to carry and take care of this precious baby and I cannot wait to kiss their sweet face! Plus I can't wait to see Nate become a daddy. Having our Harvey bug has really shown what kind of loving dad he is going to be and he is so so so excited to be able to have this baby to love on!


My first bump pic! I was only 6 weeks here and already feeling huge! (also, Harvey's face! Ha!!)


9 weeks


10 weeks


11 weeks

So as far as how I'm feeling lately... I luckily didn’t have a lick of morning sickness in my early weeks which was great! However, about week 8-12 was a major struggle! I still count my blessing and try to not let the sickness get to me too much. I keep telling myself that if I feel like crap, it’s ok, because the baby is healthy and that’s all I care about. A healthy baby! We eat Paleo/Gluten Free in our house and I drink a freak ton of water (at least I try to) so I hope that those have helped keep my body balanced and keep the yuckiness away!

One thing that has been a lifesaver has been these Sea Bands. I don't know if it's the placebo effect, or if these things actually work but regardless, they work for me and I love them! They are meant to be for sea sickness by using pressure points to relieve nausea. So there is no worrying about taking any harmful medication. So for you pregnant gals, give them a try if you're struggling with the nausea right now! I really have loved them. I wear them all day and night (I even have tan lines) and my nausea defiantly subsides. I even wanted to test it to see if they really worked and didn't wear them for a day, and boy did I regret it!! That was one of my worst nausea days.


So to finish off this insanely long post, I just can't thank you all enough for your sweet words you have said to both Nate and I. It truly amazes me how surrounded we are by friends and loved ones. Whether it's been noticed or not, I have been pretty quiet on social media these past few months just with this entire process. I've really taken the time to draw closer to my Heavenly Father, my amazing husband and family. These past 1.5- 2 years have been very very hard. Like crazy hard. So I don't want to take this sweet blessing for granted. Both Nate and I feel so incredibly blessed to finally be able to become parents and I know this baby is just a tiny little nugget, but we are so in love and cannot wait to be able to hold and kiss those sweet little cheeks!



12 weeks


14 weeks


15 weeks


Thanks for reading!

xo Lauren

Share:

0 comments