Springtime Swimmers




Happy Friday everyone and Happy International Day of Happiness! I love that we have these fun little days to celebrate the simple things we take for granted in life! At this point in my life, I can say that I am pretty darn happy and hope you all are too! So, I wanted to branch out and try something new with today's post. If you haven't guessed yet.. A swimsuit post! I was and still am nervous about taking pictures in a swimming suit. Mainly because I don’t typically love myself whenever I’m wearing one. I never have, and probably never will. However, with the way my body is changing for the better, I’ve been feeling a bit more comfortable wearing swimming suits so I thought I would give it a try! I figured the worst that could happen was that the pictures would look awful and I could just delete them and no on would ever know. To my surprise though, they looked pretty good! Way to go Nate! ;)


When it comes to swimming suits, I’m pretty picky. I am not the slimmest chick in town so high wasted bottoms are always something I gravitate towards cause no girl wants to pudge out of their swim bottoms right? These Kortni Jeane bottoms I bought 2 or so years ago and it was one of those, “I’ll buy a smaller size so it will motivate me to work out”! Yeah well.. that didn’t happen at least not then. Nowadays, my workouts have been much more consistent and I now fit in those bottoms! YAY! Even though this print is no longer available with Kortni's swim line, you should go check out her recent collection. It's adorable and well worth the money and will last you for forever! As far as swim tops go, I’m not as picky. I obviously like as much coverage, support as possible while also being comfortable. So for this post I wore a strapless bikini top and put this crop top over it to give me an extra flair of femininity and coverage. I'm not a show a lot of skin type of person, so I wanted to keep it modest yet fashion forward and I'm happy with it. I added my cat winged glasses to go with the feline feel with the cheetah print, cause ya know.. I'm obsessed with these sunnies.

I hope you guys like this look! I know it's no where near swim suit season but I wanted to be brave and try something new! Also! In the spirit of trying something new, while Nate and I were on our vacation, we did a lot of video shooting and have been in the process of compiling our very first vlog! This is something we have talked about wanting to do for some time, and decided this trip was when we were going to start. We're going to try to bring back the "home videos" but in a more modern sense of course! I wanted to put the vlog with this post, but video editing takes flipping forever! It could be that both Nate and I are perfectionists, and this isn't something we've done before so we are taking our time to make sure its a good first try! I don't know how some of you girls do it but I applaud you and will take any tips you have! But yeah, you will see that vlog from us hopefully within the next week or so! 


And just a reminder, if you haven't heard yet, Instagram is making some changes in how your feed will appear. Take a min and head to my Instagram and turn on notification so you don't miss any of my posts! See this post for instructions on how to do that. I would hate to loose any of you, so lets beat Instagram's new rules and stay friends! Ok? Ok! Rant over. I love you guys! Be sure to do something today that makes you happy! 

Thank you for stopping by!
xo Lauren 

Crop Top -got this one too in red
Bottoms- no longer has cheetah print
Hat- Similar

Photography by the hubs!

Share:

0 comments