Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone! Now, if you know me well, you know I am actually not a huge fan of Halloween... I hate anything remotely scary. Haunted houses, scary movies people dressed up too scary. I'm a little scardy cat- In fact, a few years ago I dressed up as a black cat and as I was walking around with my nephews, my brother (ahead of time) asked his neighbor who was dressed up as a giant gorilla to literally chase me down the street. I have never been more scared in my life. Worst nightmare. Being chased down the street by a masked person. Every since then, every Halloween my nephews call me a scardy cat. Never can live that one down. However, if there is any reason to get dressed up or play around with make up, I am all for it! Last year I did a skull makeup look for a fun blogger collaboration but didn't end up wearing that costume for actual Halloween. 




















^^ Nate had some fun editing a few of these photos. Pretty cool huh?! 





Looking back, I loved my skull face but, I see a lot of things I would rather do differently. SO, this year I wanted to step it up a notch and do something less creepy and more cool/edgy! I got this idea from Pinterest (surprise surprise). The second I saw it I knew this is what I wanted to do and had a whole vision for a Halloween photo shoot. As I was doing my planning, and my new friend Bailey over at @schiessstyles who is an amazing hairstylist connected with me and we planned this fun collaboration! With seeing her work, I knew I had to jump at the opportunity for her to do my hair for this shoot. Bailey came up with this amazing hairstyle and truth be told, I have been able to keep it in my hair for the photo shoot and for actual Halloween! Goes to show that she did a good job to keep my hair intact for 3 days!




To keep with the glamorous look, Nate and I decided to take the photos at an old library in town. The old brick and staircases worked perfectly with my dress and it's vintage lace details. I actually felt bad because we rolled up and we saw wedding pictures going on in the front, right where we wanted to be. So here I am, in a black gown, face all creepy, walking next to a stunning bride with her wedding party all full of happiness and joy and im just this dark creepy thing walking by. Haha! It was all good though, they seemed to be finishing up and went inside for I assume their reception. It was funny to get comments and weird stares from their guests as they walked into the wedding reception. My bad. 
































Happy Halloween everybody! I hope you all have a fun and safe time with your holiday events. And seriously, if you are in need of a stylist for any event, hollar at my girl Bailey! She is seriously so sweet and has THE best rates in town. Make sure you go follow her on Instagram at @schiessstyles!! Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Halloween
xo Lauren 

Share:

0 comments