Q&A

I've been asked quite a few questions from you guys on Instagram as well as through email. I cant tell you much I love getting questions and sweet comments from you guys! I hope I have answered all of your questions. If I didn't, feel free to add them to my Instagram on comment below! 

Thanks guys! 
xo Lauren 


1. Is blogging your full time job? 
No, I do have a full time job that keeps me busy during the day. Blogging is something I have wanted to do for a long time and just recently took up as a hobby. So I try to post as much as I am able to.

2. Did you go to college and what did you study?
I am currently still working on getting my associates. (sad I know) Our number 1 goal at the moment is getting my husband done with school, once that is done we can finally move on with life by starting our own family and I can go back to school. 
3. Are you married? kids? family?
I’ve been married the love of my life for just over 2 years. No kids quite yet. We are hoping to be a little bit more established with my husband’s career so we can take care of ourselves as well as children in the future.

4. What is your favorite accessory you cannot live without?
I have two. 1. My wedding ring. I feel naked when I am not wearing it.  2. The heart key necklace Nate got me for Valentine’s Day back when we were dating. (I lost it for about 5+ months and every time I thought about it, I would get sick and would start bawling... I recently found it in a purse that I forgot about and I cried I was so happy!)

5. What is your favorite way to pass the time at home?
It’s rare for us to have down time. I feel like we are constantly doing something, or going somewhere. So when we are able to have down time. I love to just snuggle on the couch with Nate and catch up on shows, movies or just talk. I also love to paint my nails. J

6. What suggestions do you have for new bloggers?
Well, I am by no means an expert; I just entered the blogging world myself. One thing I had to learn for myself is to be myself. There are a lot of amazing bloggers out there that have made a name for themselves. And it’s intimidating, because you feel like, “who is going to read my blog when there are SO many other ones to look at that are clearly better than mine?” Get over that. If you are yourself, people will take notice. Also, the number of followers and readers does NOT make you a good or bad blogger! I would get so upset when I would see people unfollow me, but those numbers do not define me.

7. Do you wear extensions, what kind do you wear?
Yes! No shame here! Bellami Hair Extensions (22 in/ dirty blonde) I was an idiot and got so excited over getting my hair, that I broke it all open and it wasn’t the exact color of my hair. Since they don’t refund hair once it’s opened, and I couldn’t afford to just get a new pair, I had to do a few treatments to get it closer to my natural blonde ends. I used some bleach (which I would suggest you never do!) and some purple shampoo.


8. How do you sleep with your hair?
I am not a morning person, so I take my showers at night. I use my favorite wet brush (seriously, if you do not have one, go to Sally’s right now and get one!) to comb out the ends and then put it into a top bun. In the morning I blow dry and style it. I found that it is much faster for me and it gives me volume that my flat hair lacks.

9. How often to you wash your hair?
I used to be an every-day hair washer. (Slap my hand.. I know) I quickly began to notice the quality of my hair was diminishing and I couldn’t figure out why. I had used dry shampoo before, but I just don’t know if it was just not a good brand, or if I just did it wrong. My hair stylist showed me the light and so now a days, I am an every other day washer, and I don’t wash on the weekends. My favorite dry shampoo is by the brand Rock Your Hair not only does it smell amazing, but it doesn't leave any white residue to my ombre roots. 


10. Do you use a tanning lotion?
Yes, with all the horror stories I hear about skin cancer, I protect my skin as much as I can while in the sun. So sunless tanning is how I achieve my sun kissed glow. I have tried a ton of different brands, but right now my favorite is St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse


11. What’s an embarrassing style/hair/ or makeup habit?
I have to shave my arms and legs every night. I hate, hate, HATE leg and arm hair. I naturally have dark hair, and for some reason my hair grows extremely fast on those body parts, but not on my head. I cannot stand the feel of prickly legs when I go to bed and arm hair just grosses me out (on myself, other people it doesn’t bother me)

12. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Yes, I do have a few... TV shows: Keeping up with the Kardashians and Bachelor/Bachelor in Paradise. Junk Food: Ben & Jerry’s Jimmy Fallon’s Flavor and Kettle Cooked Salt n Vinegar chips and Peanut Butter M&Ms. Personal: Puppies for Rent (yes, you can actually rent a puppy!)

13. How tall are you?
According to my license I am 5' 6" 
but I went to a recent doctor’s appt and apparently I am only 5’4”

14. Do you have insecurities, if so what are they?
Everyone has insecurities; I’d have to say mine is probably caring too much about what other think about me. I want to be a confident woman and be comfortable in my own skin, I want others to see that confidence in me. I am a big worrier, my husband is always reminding me to just relax and not care and enjoy myself with whatever situation I’m in.
15. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
Anything and everything... I would want to read “my life” book. I want to be able to see what my future holds. How many kids we will have, if I will get the dream home I have sketched in my head, what dog we will get and just anything that life throws that I can prepare for. 

Share:

0 comments