Holiday Style

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! 

Holy cow I seriously cannot believe this year is ending already! So many crazy amazing things and some not so good things happened this past year. I'm so excited for the new year and what potential it brings for Nate and I! Christmas is especially special in our family for the past couple years because that means we get to Skype with Nate's little brother who is on an LDS Mission! We all get so giddy knowing we get to see and hear from him, pretty sure we look forward to that more than the presents!

So yesterday morning, Nate and I were running late for work (per usual) so I volunteered to go scrape of the cars while he finished making our breakfast smoothies. As I was starting to scrape off the snow, the biggest gust of wind totally pelted me in the face with snow and my freshly curled hair was flying everywhere. I totally lost my breath and was head to toe covered in snow! I ran inside and looked like a sad wet kitten. The snow was too crazy for me to feel comfortable enough to drive in. 1. Because I have a hard time seeing in the snow, and 2. Other people scare me cause they don't know how to drive in the snow... So all in all, Nate and I started our Christmas vacation early and stayed home yesterday.

Last week when I was Christmas shopping, I saw this skirt on a mannequin at H&M and thought it was perfect for the Holiday's! I have been so drawn to red lately and fell in love with the details on this skirt. I found this delicate turtleneck blouse to go with it for a fancy party, date night or Sunday best. Since it has been absolutely freezing lately, I don't walk out of the house without thick tights when I'm wearing a skirt or dress. So naturally I had to grab a few pairs while I was there. 

I tied together the look with my B&W heels, a red lip, gold chain necklace and this messy braided up-do. If you have any Holiday parties to attend to in the next few weeks, this is the perfect look. The skirt has an elastic waistband and the blouse is loose, yet structured enough to accent your curves and keep you comfortable.
For those who will be traveling for the Holiday's please be safe!
Merry Christmas everyone!

xo Lauren 

Necklace (similar)
Shoes (similar)

p.s. If you guys like this hairstyle, let me know if you would like a tutorial! 

[Photo Cred: HLSteed Photo]
Make sure you are following this blog by pushing the "Follow Me" button at the top ^^, and follow me on Instagram (@urban_ombre), Facebook and Pinterest!






Share:

0 comments