Happy Hollow-ween!

For someone who is not a huge fan of Halloween/Scary things... I had WAY too much fun doing this photo shoot! I definitely prefer being the creep rather than being creeped on. Haha! I've always wanted to do some kind of scary Halloween costume, rather than going the traditional "girly" route that I usually do. And I was amazed at what I was able to accomplish with a little bit of face paint and makeup!

Leading up to the photo shoot I did some research on skeleton faces and practiced painting on my own face. When I walked to the other room, where my unsuspecting husband was doing homework, I stood in the doorway and waited for him to look over. Needless to say, he wasn't expecting a creepy skeleton face peering back at him! :) After talking with him I decided that this costume, although cool, would probably scare the little ones that come around at my day job and my little nieces and nephews that we typically visit on Halloween... so I'm making a "girly" costume for work and Halloween day (stay tuned for that!), so I don't  scare the little ones who will come around.
With that in mind, I didn't want to pay too much for my supplies for a simple photoshoot and I went the cheap route. If any of you are thinking of doing this look for your Halloween costume then consider a few of these suggestions.

1. Watch tutorials before and during painting your face. You can pick and choose your favorite skeleton faces and combine the best elements to make the ultimate, scary skeleton face.
2. Get a better quality white face paint. Throughout the photoshoot I could feel the white paint beginning to crack so I wasn't impressed with the cheap brand I got and I doubt it would last a whole day/night. The rest of the products I got worked perfectly though! (see below)
3. Be sure you blend the paint into your hair line so you don't have a lame line around your forehead.

Now, there are still a few days left until Halloween! If you don't have a costume yet, and want to do something cheap and moderately easy, consider this skeleton face. If you don't want to go with this scary look, scroll down and take a look at my friends costumes for some inspiration!

I hope you all have a very safe and fun Hollow-Ween! ;)


























^^ Just couldn't go through with this shoot without my Sodalicious!













Black (for eyes and hollowed parts of face)
White (for whiting out brows)
Eye Liner (for shading detail)
Brushes 
Eye Shadow (for shading around forehead)
Booties (Purchased in Store, not online)


           **If you guys re-create this look for your Halloween costume, be sure to tag me on IG! I                                  would love to see how creative you guys can get with this look!!**

[Photo Cred: HLSteed Photo]
Make sure you are following this blog by pushing the "Follow Me" button at the top ^^, and follow me on Instagram (@urban_ombre), Facebook and Pinterest!

(Clearly I missed the memo to have a cute Halloween Costume.. ha!) 


Lauren of Urban Ombre // Jensyn of Stripes in Bloom // Kenzie of Kenz Kaye // Liz of Lovely Things 

Share:

0 comments